* Free 10 week vegetarian cooking course running from mid January for those aged 19-26 who are unemployed, not in education or training. Brought to you by Trailer Trashed in partnership with Moulsecoomb Forest Garden and Wildlife Project. For details and to apply please contact 07940127830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 300 people came to our last day of the summer 20th birthday party. Check out some photos and a couple of articles here and here.
*Congratulations to Moulsecoomb lad Jack Harvey for receiving his gold youth award. Jack has been helping Pat Beach transform a derelict playground at Moulsecoomb Primary school into a community garden.
* One of our volunteers Russel is now employed by us on an apprenticeship through City College to learn about carpentry. This is what the 'shed' will look like.
* Volunteering with us isn't just about gardening but the perfect opportunity to learn about outdoor education - using nature as a way of teaching pupils, especially effective for those that struggle in the classroom. Read about two students who started volunteering but now work for the garden.
* In July we showed 4 representatives from UNESCO arround the garden project and Moulsecoomb Primary school as part of the councils bid for Brighton to become a bio-sphere reserve. Read all about it here.
* Peter Whitcomb has been making notes of what he has seen at nearby Moulsecoomb Wild Park, read his findings here (Word Document 2.5Mb).
* Congratulations to long term volunteer and management committee member Michael Townsend who won City College's 'Foundation Learning' award. The award was not just for his work at the College and his determination to achieve despite his disabilities, but also for his voluntary work at the forest garden and the British Heart Foundation.